On August 1, 2017, Fulcrum7 launched a Survey on Church Accountability. The survey lasted 40-days, and was open to members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Participants could choose between two answers:
- Defiant Conferences & Unions should be disciplined
- I do not believe these entities should be disciplined
- Defiant Conferences & Unions should be disciplined 95.1%
- I do not believe these entities should be disciplined 4.9%
- Sample size was 500 adults participating. All votes are confidential.
- I participated in the Survey; David Read did not (he was probably concerned about jeopardizing his future ability to work for the NAD). None of my family members or church members participated.
- Judging from the geographic diversity of the responders, this Survey had widespread circulation.
- As Fulcrum7 is conservative site, the results probably reflect a more conservative audience---no way to know for certain though.
- There were many names that we didn't recognize.
- People voting twice had their superfluous vote deleted (there were only a handful).
- The second vote in the Survey was from Australia, the second-to-last vote was also from Australia.
- Due to the overwhelming support for discipline & accountability of several defiant Unions & Conferences, it strikes me that a failure to do so would undercut accountability in the local churches, possibly leading to a climate of ecclesiastical anarchy. This would ultimately damage these Conferences and Unions' ability to lead in their own areas---thus discipline would work for their own good.
To each of you who participated in the survey, thank you. Each of your votes were carefully counted, and are appreciated. Have a great week!